Missing tourist Lipping Zhou has been found alive in Port Douglas.
The Chinese woman, 71, was located in dense mangrove vegetation near a water treatment plant.
A tip off alerted police to the area where the large handbag the lady had been carrying was located.
SES ground crew were then deployed where the woman was found lying down. She was disoriented and dehydrated, but alive.
She is currently in the care of ambulance personal and will be transported to Mossman Hospital for treatment.
"This is a fantastic result, she is a very lucky lady," Senior Sergeant Damien Meadows told Newsport.
"Fears were growing for the woman and it was paramount we located her today.
"Her family is obviously very relieved and she will be left in the care of Mossman Hospital."
The woman suffers from dementia and had arrived in Port Douglas on a family holiday from Shanghai.
More to come...
- Police consider 'all possibilities' in woman's disappearance
- Missing tourist captured on CCTV
- Unconfirmed sighting of missing Port Douglas tourist
- Water police to search Dicksons Inlet for missing woman
- Air and land land search underway for missing woman in Port Douglas
Congratulations to all involved. Got something to say? Let us know in the comments below.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details below to ensure comment legitimacy. Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Comments containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory or abusive material will not be published.