Forgot to bring lunch? Here's how to get your feed on the cheap
FOR those days when you ‘forget’ to bring your lunch to work and getting a DIY lunch from Coles seems like too much work, we have selected the best affordable lunch options in Port Douglas for you!
If you know of any other hidden gems, please share them in the comments below.
If you’re looking for a delicious succulent lunch option, you have come to the right place at Dave’s Takeaway!
Choose from freshly cooked chicken, beef, pork & lamb served in a roll, wrap or sandwich with salad & sauce or gravy for $10. All sandwiches are made fresh to order and a side of chips can be added for only $1.
Is your name Dave? Get your photo added to the Wall of Dave’s!
Dave’s Takeaway is located on 35 Macrossan Street, Port Douglas.
Everyone knows Mocka’s Pies are the best pies in Port Douglas, however, did you know they also offer hand-crafted artisan paninis, rolls and wraps? Perfect for a hot summer’s day!
Priced from $8.50, options include:
- Double smoked ham, brie, lettuce, tomato, cucumber & mustard
- Oven roast chicken, lettuce, avocado, cucumber, roast bell peppers & basil pesto
- Chicken Caesar, egg, lettuce & crispy bacon
- Tuna, lettuce, tomato, cucumber & Spanish onion
- Chargrilled pumpkin, eggplant, zucchini, herb & garlic olive oil drizzle (vegan)
Drop in to Mocka’s Pies & Bakehouse, 9 Grant Street to check out their daily specials.
BP Port Douglas
Conveniently located in Craiglie along the Captain Cook Highway, the new BP Port Douglas serves a great selection of affordable lunch options.
How about a freshly made slice of pizza, Mocka’s Pies pie or sausage roll; or opt for a healthier wrap, salad roll or Turkish. All of these options are under $10!
All pies and pastries are made by local icon Mocka’s Pies and all other items are made freshly on site.
Rattle N Hum
If you are lucky enough to be able to enjoy a beer over lunch make sure you head over to Rattle n Hum!
Every day of the week they offer a burger with chips and a beer for only $15. This offer is only available for lunch and can be enjoyed in air-conditioned comfort.
N17 Burger Co.
Is today your cheat-day? Head over to N17 and treat yourself to a juicy burger with the lot!
This funky burger bar has quickly found a place in our hungry hearts. Their gourmet burgers and delicious sides are sure to hit the spot and starting at $11.50 for a cheeseburger this lunch option won't burn a hole in your pocket.
Join the conversation
Give a thumb up or thumb down on the subject we've covered OR
Place a comment below.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details below to ensure comment legitimacy. Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Comments containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory, personal or abusive material will not be published.