Over $140 thousand awarded to Douglas clubs
SEVEN Douglas Shire groups will benefit from over $140 thousand worth of grants as part of Round 97 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund.
• Douglas Cricket Association - $35 000
• Douglas Shire Historical Society North Queensland - $2 884
• Douglas Shire Meals on Wheels - $21 000
• Douglas Theatre Arts Group - $27 241
• Mossman and District Rifle Club - $7 095
• Mossman Pony Club - $35 000
• Torres Strait Aged Care Association - $21 230
Member for Cook Cynthia Lui said other community groups didn’t miss out either with the Douglas Shire Meals on Wheels and the Torres Strait Aged Care Association also sharing in the spoils.
“It is wonderful to see these groups receiving funds that will allow them to improve the services they provide to the local community,” Ms Lui said
The Gambling Community Benefit Fund is the state’s largest one-off grants program and provides about $53 million a year to vital community groups
Join the conversation
Give a thumb up or thumb down on the subject we've covered OR
Place a comment below.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details below to ensure comment legitimacy. Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Comments containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory, personal or abusive material will not be published.