Little Larder sets sights on bigger venue for bigger future
The Little Larder is set to get a little bigger as the Port Douglas favourite moves down the road to a new venue.
The popular café will take over the space previously occupied by the now-defunct My Italian Baby on the corner of Owen and Macrossan Streets.
Little Larder will serve their last meal at their 40 Macrossan Street location on 29 April before making the move to the new venue.
Damion Jones, who owns the business in partnership with his wife Nikki, said if the move runs smoothly the Little Larder would reopen in the new location in the first week of May.
“We have given ourselves one day to move out and move what we can down the road, a few days to set up and prep the new menus then away we go,” he said.
A few ‘larder’ touches have been added to the new venue already and Mr Jones said there are new and exciting times ahead for the business.
“At the moment we are doing a re-build on the bar in the new space and doing a few modifications to the kitchen for new equipment.
“I’ve got a custom built smoker being built in Brisbane at the moment so I’m really looking forward to setting up an outdoor smoking and BBQ section at the shop.
“We are hoping to do a few things on that and adding slow-cooked and smoked meats to the menu.”
With the new equipment and a plan for later opening hours, The Little Larder will be able to offer Sunday BBQ sessions with drink specials, local beers, and new food and drinks offerings.
However, with the big changes to the business, Mr Jones wanted to assure people that the new venue will still be the same Little Larder locals and visitors have come to love dearly.
He specifically stated the much-adored favourite Reuben Sandwich would be making the move to the new venue.
“It will be the same kind of feel, we are going to stick with our modern vibe with everything crisp and clean; it’s still going to be Little Larder just in a nicer venue,” Mr Jones said.
“We are going to work in a few lounge areas and places to chill out but the usual service will be the same.
“We are not going to try and change what we are; we do what we do, and we do it well.”
The established staff will be moving across as well but with plans for dinner service, the hunt will be on for a few new faces.
“Everyone is really excited and ready to go,” Mr Jones said.
Join the conversation
Give a thumb up or thumb down on the subject we've covered OR
Place a comment below.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details below to ensure comment legitimacy. Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Comments containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory, personal or abusive material will not be published.