Elite performing real estate agent gives top tips for property
Mark Flinn of Ray White has just been recognised, for the fifth year in a row, as an Elite Performer in the Real Estate sector.
Only two per cent of 20,000 salespeople throughout Australia and New Zealand are recognised with this award.
The accolades keep on coming as he was also Ray White’s number one Top Sales Agent in Gross Settled Fees Award North Queensland for 2018!
In our little town of Port Douglas, this is a massive achievement.
Mr Flinn provided some valuable knowledge and imparted some wisdom for people considering buying or selling a house in the region and we asked him for a few hot tips:
- Before buying or selling spend at least 6 months researching.
- Don’t ask yourself what price you want for your home, ask “what would I be prepared to buy it for”.
- Be wary of asking for more money due to sentiment when valuing your own house.
- The peak buying and selling time in Port Douglas is August with other minor peaks being March and November.
- Give yourself time and a budget to put finishing touches to your property – a lick of paint, tidying up, and fixing broken items can make all the difference.
- Before viewings, ensure the A/C is on and that the property smells fresh and welcoming.
- Budget. Remember to add GST and include all stamp duties, legal fees, bank and mortgage fees, surveys, and building insurance.
To get more tips from the experts, contact one of our fantastic Port Douglas real estate agents.
Join the conversation
Give a THUMB UP or THUMB DOWN on what we've covered OR place a COMMENT below.
Got a great news tip or video? We'd love to see it.
Send news tips to editornewsport.comau
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details below to ensure comment legitimacy. Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Comments containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory, personal or abusive material will not be published.