Spongebob Squarepants live at the Marina on Saturday morning
GLOBAL KIDS’ ICON
Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina will be a hive activity on Saturday morning when global children’s icon SpongeBob SquarePants will be at the Marina and the star on Channel 7s Sunrise morning show which will film live from Port Douglas.
The filming also coincides with World Ocean’s Day which is celebrated to remind you of the major role the oceans have in everyday life. They are the lungs of our planet, providing most of the oxygen we breathe.
The purpose of the day is to inform the public of the impact of human actions on the ocean, develop a worldwide movement of citizens for the ocean, and mobilize and unite the world’s population on a project for the sustainable management of the world's oceans.
Andy Ridley from the Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef will also be present on Saturday morning and is looking forwards to meeting the PDSS Reef Guardians, and all age groups are encouraged to attend and help kick off this great initiative.
Channel 7 will cross live for the weather and SpongeBob will be there from 7am and there will be five crossings to the Marina between 7am and 9.45am.
Sponge Bob Square Pants is a global children’s icon and this will be his first visit to the region.
SpongeBob SquarePants is an American animated television series created by marine science educator and animator Stephen Hillenburg for Nickelodeon.
The series chronicles the adventures and endeavours of the title character and his various friends in the fictional underwater city of Bikini Bottom.
The general manager of Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Robert Cruz, said he was excited to host this collaborative event.
“It’s great to show the health of the reef, to host SpongeBob SquarePants, Channel 7 and everyone who attends this special occasion,” said Cruz.
- What: Catch SpongeBob SquarePants live on Channel 7 Sunrise at Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina.
- When: Saturday 8 June between 7:00 - 9:45am to catch SpongeBob on his first visit to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Where: On the Marina boardwalk near Lure Restaurant.
- What to see: See Channel 7s Sunrise crew live at the Marina and celebrate World Ocean’s Day.
- Kids’ fun: Kids can also join SpongeBob's Reef Squad, Junior Citizens of the Reef.
Join the conversation
Give a THUMB UP or THUMB DOWN on what we've covered OR place a COMMENT below.
Got a great news tip or video? We'd love to see it.
Send news tips to editornewsport.comau
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details below to ensure comment legitimacy. Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Comments containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory, personal or abusive material will not be published.