Mossman streetscape improvement plan mooted
Douglas Shire Council recently invited Mossman landowners, businesses and residents to respond to a survey asking how a section of Front Street can be improved.
The objective is the preparation of a Mossman Streetscape Improvement Plan, focusing on both sides of Front Street between Woolworths and Mossman Hardware.
In its survey – which closed on 27 November – Council posed the following:
- What they like about the current streetscape;
- What improvements they would you like to see in Front Street; and
- Whether they have other or ideas including whether Council should “do nothing” because there are other, higher priorities in Mossman.
The findings will be collated and made public; and then be used to prepare some streetscape options.
These options will be released for public comment in early 2021. Feedback from this second round of consultation will be considered prior to finalising the Streetscape Improvement Plan for Mossman. Council hopes to complete the Plan by 30 June 2021.
A Council spokesperson said they were aiming for mid-December to release the survey results.
Submit a letter to the editor here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy.
Send news tips and videos here
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.