Douglas Business Expo to inspire economic opportunities
BUSINESS AND TOURISM
Key Government and industry players will hit town next month to speak with and inspire local businesses at the Douglas Business Expo on Friday, 6 March.
The collaborative event organised by Douglas Chamber of Commerce and Douglas Shire Council will be set up as a forum for exchanging knowledge and ideas about leveraging economic opportunity in the region.
Registration for the expo is now open with local business owners encouraged to attend the free event at the Port Douglas Community Hall.
Douglas Chamber of Commerce President Liz Ross said the Douglas Business Forum would help put local businesses in a position to make the most of upcoming projects.
“Whether you are engaged in the trade, service, agriculture or tourism industry, you can come and get specifics on exactly what projects and infrastructure are planned for our region,” she said.
“This will put local businesses and Chamber members in the very best position to leverage employment and economic opportunities.
“Together, the Chamber of Commerce and Council have provided a forum for keynote speakers to inspire our business sector with exciting projects such as the Wangetti Trail.”
The expo will also feature networking opportunities and optional one-on-one sessions with Queensland’s small business champion, Maree Adshead.
Douglas Shire Mayor Julia Leu encouraged all business owners to book their spot at the expo.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to see how your business can make the most of some key projects moving forward,” she said.
Register now for the Douglas Business Expo 2020.
Email membersdouglaschamber.comau to register your interest in presenting a trade booth at the Expo.
- Maree Adshead, - Queensland Small Business Champion
- Timothy Hortz - Project Manager, Department of Innovation and Tourism Industry Development
- Robert Sobrya - Construction Skills Queensland
- Ross Hodgman - District Director Far North – Transport & Main Roads
- Date: Friday, 6 March 2020
- Time: 7:00 am – 11:00 am
- Where: Port Douglas Community Hall, Mowbray St, Port Douglas, QLD 4877
- 7am - Registration Open
- 7.30am - Networking and Trade Booth Expo
- 8.30am - Welcome to Country & opening of event.
Have an opinion or point of view on one of our stories or a community issue? Please submit a Letter to the Editor here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy. Letters are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Letters containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory, personal or abusive material will not be published.
Got a great news tip or video? We'd love to see it. Send news tips to editornewsport.comau
Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff.
Reader comments on this site are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Our moderation takes into consideration these guidelines and rules before comments are approved for publication.