How the Douglas Shire can stay active online while in isolation
HEALTH AND FITNESS
Being in isolation doesn’t mean you can’t keep fit and healthy.
Douglas Shire residents can now stay active while in isolation thanks to Council relaunching three popular Active8 Free Fitness classes online as Active8 LIVE, from today, Tuesday 31 March.
Council’s in-person Active8 Free Fitness program was cancelled in line with the Federal Government’s recent advice on social distancing.
Now the service is available via the online meeting service Zoom, participants can join in from the comfort of their own home for Tai Chi, Just Start Fitness, or a dance fitness class similar to Zumba.
Douglas Shire Council Sports Coordinator Renee Ker reassures regular participants that the online fitness classes will deliver the same calibre of training with the same exceptional local instructors.
“If you’ve been a little shy or haven’t been able to make the class times work for your schedule, now is the perfect time,” she said.
“With recent social distancing measures implemented by the Federal Government it’s important to think outside the box and maintain some type of fitness.
“The new live stream Active8 classes are upbeat, fun and as engaging as ever and we encourage the community to log on and join us in our quest to stay fit and healthy together.”
Exercise is instrumental in supporting not only your physical health but also your mental wellbeing.
To join in, you’ll need access to a computer, tablet or smart phone with sound capabilities and internet connection, as well as a comfortable amount of space without any obstructions.
No additional equipment is required and to protect the privacy of participants, only the instructor will be visible on screen.
How To Join The Class:
- Allow 10 minutes to set up before the class is scheduled to commence.
- On the day and time specified below, click the link provided and you’ll be prompted to download online meeting service, Zoom.
- Once complete, open the download to gain access to the class.
- If you already have Zoom downloaded, simply access the class via the meeting ID below.
Tai Chi for Health
- Every Tuesday @ 9am
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/853295615
- Meeting ID: 853 295 615
Dance Fitness (similar to Zumba)
- Every Wednesday from 5:30pm
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/345472835
- Meeting ID: 345 472 835
Just Start Fitness
- Every Thursday @ 9am
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/832435962
- Meeting ID 832-435-962
Newsport Community Service Support:
Business support line:
business.gov.au | 13 28 46
Small or medium business with reduced cash flow?
Here’s what we’re doing to boost your cash flow.
Is your business financially distressed?
This is what we’re doing to support you.
Assisting the economic recovery
Here’s how we’ll support you to grow.
Employ an apprentice or trainee?
This support is for you.
Are you a sole trader that has lost business?
This is what we’re doing to support you and your business.
Household finances hit by reduced work?
Here’s what we’re doing to help support your family budget.
Letters to the Editor. Do you have an opinion or point of view you'd like to share on one of our stories or a community issue? Please submit here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy. Letters are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Letters containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory or abusive material will not be published.
Got a great news tip or video? We'd love to see it. Send news tips to editornewsport.comau
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff.
Reader comments on this site are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Our moderation takes into consideration these guidelines and rules before comments are approved for publication.