Call for tradies and suppliers to register for Council projects
BUY DOUGLAS: BUILD DOUGLAS
Douglas tradies and suppliers are encouraged to register online at Vendor Panel Marketplace to join the public supplier list and receive updates about upcoming projects and business opportunities with Douglas Shire Council.
By registering online local businesses put themselves in the best position for tenders and quotes.
The push comes on the back of the Buy Douglas: Build Douglas campaign, which seeks to encourage people to spend their money in Douglas Shire and build the economy in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Find out more: Buy Douglas: Build Douglas
Douglas Shire Mayor Michael Kerr said Council values local businesses and is committed to providing opportunities as the region grapples with the impact of COVID-19.
“Council will continue to generate new work and wants local businesses to receive details as soon as projects are announced,” he said.
“Registering for Vendor Panel is a great way to stay informed and help Council support local businesses during this challenging period.
“I will be working with Council staff and my fellow Councillors to look at ways to consider reviewing our procurement policy and further strengthening its emphasis on local businesses.
Vendor Panel Marketplace helps Government and Corporate buyers to get quotes from local suppliers. The platform is available at www.vendorpanel.com/marketplace.
It also manages Public Tenders and only takes a few minutes to get setup as a Marketplace Supplier.
Douglas Shire Council CEO Mark Stoermer said staff would help local businesses register.
“Our experienced procurement team will be happy to help people get set up,” he said. “It's free for suppliers to register and local businesses may also receive requests for quotes from other Local Governments in the area.”
How to Register:
- Go to www.vendorpanel.com/marketplace
- Select ‘Register’; select your business category, and fill in your details. You will receive an email to join the public supplier list
- Once registered, as projects come up, you will receive an email inviting you to provide a quote.
Letters to the Editor. Do you have an opinion or point of view you'd like to share on one of our stories or a community issue? Please submit here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy. Letters are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff. Letters containing unlawful, obscene, defamatory or abusive material will not be published.
Got a great news tip or video? We'd love to see it. Send news tips to editornewsport.comau
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport or its staff.
Reader comments on this site are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Our moderation takes into consideration these guidelines and rules before comments are approved for publication.