Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Meet fisherman Jake
THREE MINUTES WITH A LOCAL
This week’s G’day Port Douglas and Daintree shares the story of local fisherman Jake who is living the dream.
In the video above, Jake talks about how his life changed when he moved to Port Douglas.
Originally a chef from Adelaide, Jake planned to stay for a mere six months. It's now been nine years and he has perused his love for fishing by starting his own reef fishing business.
He's always loved fishing and now enjoys sharing that passion with others by taking them out on his boat and showing them a good time. He says that he has no plans on ever leaving the tropical paradise that is the Douglas Shire.
G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ is a series of videos featuring Douglas Shire locals sharing their lives and what inspires them to live in this beautiful part of the world.
- Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Jack the Postie
- G’day Port Douglas & Daintree shares local stories
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Meet Dr Alex
- Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Brydie the electrician wildlife rescuer
- Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Kim the greenthumb
The project was created by producers Chris Beckwith and Can Kara, in conjunction with the Douglas Shire Council, FAB FM, and Newsport, with footage by Mac Zimmer.
Keep an eye on Newsport to see more stories in each week and go to the YouTube channel 'G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ to view the full series.
Submit a letter to the editor here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy.
Send news tips and videos here
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.