Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Julie and her new school
THREE MINUTES WITH A LOCAL
This week’s G'day Port Douglas & Daintree introduces Julie Verri and her new school.
In the video above, local teacher and Steiner School entrepreneur, Julie, tells us about the importance of a sophisticated and all-encompassing approach to personal development in kids.
Julie goes into why the Steiner School is so important to such a diverse group of children. How many children need different approaches to effective learning and how the Steiner School accommodates these different learning strategies.
And she talks about her family and their love for the Douglas Shire, having been in the region for over 120 years.
In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, being outdoors, being surrounded by stunning mountains and an amazing community.
G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ is a series of videos featuring Douglas Shire locals sharing their lives and what inspires them to live in this beautiful part of the world.
- Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Bretto the windmaster
- G’day Port Douglas & Daintree shares local stories
- Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Mayor Michael
- Video | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Brett the Crocs Vice-Captain
The project was started by producers Chris Beckwith and Can Kara, in conjunction with the Douglas Shire Council, FAB FM, and Newsport, with footage by Mac Zimmer.
Keep an eye on Newsport to see more stories in coming weeks and go to the YouTube channel 'G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ to view the full series.
Submit a letter to the editor here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy.
Send news tips and videos here
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.