Where to vote in the Douglas Shire this election day
Election day is almost here and if you weren’t one of the record-breaking 740,000 Queenslanders who voted early then you will need to head to one of the below locations to cast your vote and get your democracy sausage.
If you want to vote in the next couple of days, you will need to head to the pre-polling centre at the Mossman Shire Hall.
Open between 9.00am to 6.00pm on Wednesday and Friday and 9.00am to 9.00pm on Thursday.
On election day, Saturday 31 October you can vote at the following places between 8.00am and 6.00pm.
Where to vote:
- Port Douglas: Port Douglas Community Hall
- Mossman: Mossman State School
- Daintree: Daintree State School
- Diwan: Alexandra Bay State School
- Miallo: Miallo State School
- Wonga: Wonga Beach State School
- Julatten: Julatten State School
- Mount Molloy: CWA Hall
- Mareeba: Mareeba State School
- Mareeba West: Mareeba State High School
- Wujal Wujal: Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shire Council building
Eight candidates are vying for the seat of Cook; Independent Yodie Batzke, LNP’s Nipper Brown, NQ First’s Desmond Tayley, One Nation’s Brett (Beaver) Neal, KAP’s Tanika Parker, Labor’s Cynthia Lui, the Greens’ Deby Ruddell, and UAP’s Stephen Goulmy.
You can find out more about each one on Newsport’s 2020 election coverage page.
Submit a letter to the editor here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy.
Send news tips and videos here
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.