Properties purchased to protect the Daintree Lowland Rainforest
It's been a big year for the protection of land in the Daintree Lowland Rainforest with six properties purchased for conservation, according to the Rainforest4 Foundation website.
It says they are now working towards the inclusion of these properties in the Daintree National Park.
“We are delighted to have made this progress towards reversing the impacts of the rural residential subdivision that was created in the 1980s.
“We don't receive any government funding and all of these properties were purchased with donations from individuals who believe the Daintree Lowland Rainforest should be protected forever.
“The properties are located in the localities of Forest Creek, Cow Bay, and Diwan. All of the properties have a boundary that connects them to land in the Daintree National Park estate,” says the report.
The properties are: (see map)
- 157 Cape Tribulation Road (currently under contract).
- Lot 155 Cape Tribulation Road, Diwan. Purchased in November 2020.
- Lot 330 Cape Tribulation Road, Cow Bay. Purchased in June 2020.
- Lot 305 Cypress Road Cow Bay. Purchased in April 2020.
- Lot 124 Quandong Road, Cow Bay. Purchased in March 2020.
- Lot 390 Maple Road, Cow Bay. Purchased in February 2020.
- Lot 3 Thornton Peak Drive, Forest Creek. Purchased in January 2020.
- Lot 107 Buchanan Creek Road, Cow Bay. Purchased in August 2019.
Submit a letter to the editor here.
* Readers are encouraged to use their full details to ensure letter legitimacy.
Send news tips and videos here
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.