VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Peter and his takeaway shop
THREE MINUTES WITH A LOCAL
This week’s G'day Port Douglas & Daintree introduces local takeaway shop owner, Peter Capp.
In the video above, Peter talks about his life and what drew him to Newell Beach.
Starting out in the Navy, Peter went into construction in Brisbane. However, fate brought him up to the Douglas Shire for a holiday with his partner where they ending up buying the Newell Beach Takeaway and Café.
They sold everything in their old lives and moved north.
Now Peter loves his life, whether that be fundraising or having the occasional day off. He says, "this is where we are, and this is where we're going to stay."
G’day Port Douglas & Daintree is a series of videos featuring Douglas Shire locals sharing their lives and what inspires them to live in this beautiful part of the world.
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Tarella the goat farmer
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Jason and his Thornton Beach café
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: real people, real stories
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree:Meet Port's top cop
The project was created by producers Chris Beckwith and Can Kara, in conjunction with the Douglas Shire Council, FAB FM, and Newsport, with footage by Mac Zimmer and music by Kiki Courtidis.
Keep an eye on Newsport to see more stories each week and go to the YouTube channel 'G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ to view the full series.
Newsport thanks its advertising partners for their support in the delivery of daily community news to the Douglas Shire. Public interest journalism is a fundamental part of every community.
Got a news tip? Let us know! Send your news tips or submit a letter to the editor here.
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.