VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Tarella the goat farmer
THREE MINUTES WITH A LOCAL
This week’s G'day Port Douglas & Daintree introduces local goat farmer, Tarella Vico.
In the video above, Tarella talks about her journey and how she got into the goat industry.
Originally from Brisbane, she moved to the tropical paradise of Port Douglas in 2002 and has raised goats since 2004.
Since then, she has become one of the region’s award-winning goat farmers.
Tarella loves that everywhere you look you can see beauty, from the rainforests to the cane paddocks.
G’day Port Douglas & Daintree is a series of videos featuring Douglas Shire locals sharing their lives and what inspires them to live in this beautiful part of the world.
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: wedding celebrant Anna
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Jason and his Thornton Beach café
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: real people, real stories
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree:Meet Port's top cop
The project was created by producers Chris Beckwith and Can Kara, in conjunction with the Douglas Shire Council, FAB FM, and Newsport, with footage by Mac Zimmer and music by Kiki Courtidis.
Keep an eye on Newsport to see more stories each week and go to the YouTube channel 'G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ to view the full series.
Newsport thanks its advertising partners for their support in the delivery of daily community news to the Douglas Shire. Public interest journalism is a fundamental part of every community.
Got a news tip? Let us know! Send your news tips or submit a letter to the editor here.
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.