VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Gary optometrist and marathon man
THREE MINUTES WITH A LOCAL
This week’s G'day Port Douglas & Daintree introduces local optometrist and marathon runner, Gary Venz.
In the video above, Gary talks about how life brought him to Port Douglas. Gary has been here for seven years now. Before that, he lived in Brisbane for 20 years.
He says that he absolutely loves his work here and the lifestyle he can lead.
His love for running started when he moved to the Douglas Shire and wanted to tick off a bucket list item in the form of a half-marathon.
Since then, his latest conquest included a 100km run that Gary says can take anywhere between 13 to 19 hours.
G’day Port Douglas & Daintree is a series of videos featuring Douglas Shire locals sharing their lives and what inspires them to live in this beautiful part of the world.
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: real people, real stories
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree:Meet Port's top cop
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Cyclist and cat resort manager Frank
- VIDEO | G'day Port Douglas & Daintree: Simone and her prince
The project was created by producers Chris Beckwith and Can Kara, in conjunction with the Douglas Shire Council, FAB FM, and Newsport, with footage by Mac Zimmer and music by Kiki Courtidis.
Keep an eye on Newsport to see more stories each week and go to the YouTube channel 'G’day Port Douglas & Daintree’ to view the full series.
Newsport thanks its advertising partners for their support in the delivery of daily community news to the Douglas Shire. Public interest journalism is a fundamental part of every community.
Got a news tip? Let us know! Send your news tips or submit a letter to the editor here.
* Comments are the opinions of readers and do not represent the views of Newsport, its staff or affiliates. Reader comments on Newsport are moderated before publication to promote valuable, civil, and healthy community debate. Visit our comment guidelines if your comment has not been approved for publication.