Job Seekers, good luck with your applications!
Employers, positions vacant are listed via the form below.
|( 11 )
|Add LOGO - (Only JPEG, GIF or PNG files, no PDF. For best results image at least 400px wide)
FULL TIME LANDSCAPE GARDENER
This is the right job for you if:
You are an Australian Resident.
You are passionate about maintaining and working in beautiful locations, are physically fit, willing to learn and you like to work hard and then have time off to do what you enjoy.
You love the outdoors, want the weekends off and have time to go camping, fishing and enjoying what this region has to offer
Green Leaf Garden Management has a 15 year trading history in the Douglas Shire.
Over this time we have developed key relationships with clients from all sectors. Residential, Commercial, Body Corporate, Resorts , local and state government.
Working hard in the field of landscaping, landscape maintenance, irrigation design, installation and repair.
We pride ourselves on our high standards of work, innovative solutions and strong focus on customer service.
The What ?
We are looking for a new team member to join up our landscape maintenance team , whilst experience is a plus the right attitude and fit for existing team is also important.
This role will also include working with our landscape maintenance team (See tasks highlighted above).
Qualifications/experience in horticulture and landscape maintenance is an advantage but considerations towards a good fit to our company culture which focuses on:
• Someone ready to learn and adapt
• Open and honest communication
• Great customer service
• Willing team member
• The ability to work hard in outdoor environment.
• Ownership of task completion
• Alignment with the 10 things that don’t require talent. (Google this)
Right here in beautiful Port Douglas, based in Craiglie and servicing across the entire Douglas shire.
Why us ?
• We have the right equipment and the right tools to do the job well
• Day to day variety of tasks and work sites
• Professional team, with a passion for the outdoors.
• Opportunity for TAFE training
• Onsite training and support
• Earn more as you progress
• Well established local company
• Monday to Friday trading with weekends off.
Email a cover letter explaining why you would be great for this position to [email protected]
AIRPORT TRANSFER DRIVERS
Exemplar Coaches and Limousines is the leading airport transfer company in the Cairns-Port Douglas region. Our head office and depot is located in Craiglie. We currently seek airport transfer drivers who reside in the Port Douglas and Mossman area. These positions are permanent part time with extended hours if required. All leave is pro rata.
To be part of our professional team you must be friendly, people focused, flexible with your hours, well groomed, reliable and demonstrate a keen work ethic. Training is provided.
You must demonstrate a safe driving record and hold a current Driver's License (LR min) and Qld Driver's Authorisation (DA).
Please note that driver’s must hold these mandatory qualifications before applying.
Backpackers need not apply.
To apply please contact Sam on [email protected] or Cheryl on [email protected] or call 4213 3333 and ask for Sam or Cheryl.
|Exemplar Coaches and Limousines
GOLF OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Palmer Sea Reef Port Douglas is one of the premier resort golf courses in QLD and is currently ranked Australia's premier tropical links golf course.
The position of Golf Operations Supervisor has become available at Palmer Sea Reef Golf Course Port Douglas to the Senior Golf Operations Supervisor.
An enthusiastic customer service oriented candidate with sound golf knowledge to support and assist in the golf operations department.
This is a full time, long term employment position
Reporting to the Senior Golf Operations Supervisor the successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Uphold and assist development of operational policy & procedures,
- Assist with day to day golf competitions,
- Assist with training of new staff,
- Strong administration skills,
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team,
- Strong time management skills,
- Set an example for all staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at one of QLD's premier resort golf courses in the fabulous Tropical North Queensland region.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you than please submit current resume along with covering letter to [email protected]
|Palmer Leisure Australia
Shed erectors wanted.
Need own tools and vehicle.
|Mareeba sheds and gas
CASUAL SCHOOL BUS DRIVER NEEDED - 2024
FNQ Bus Lines is seeking a Casual Bus Driver for Mossman-based daily school runs (Mon – Fri) and charters starting Immediately.
Applicants will need to hold a current MR License and a QLD Driver’s Authority or can obtain one.
Hours available from 10 to 37 per week at a casual rate ($34.55) per hour, (excluding school holidays)
Please call the Manager on:
PH: 07 4098 2380
or Email your Resume to
|FNQ Bus Lines
Here at APS Cabinet Makers, we pride ourselves on providing a work, life, live environment for our team. If you’re interested in learning a new craft for 2024 and beyond, we’re offering the successful applicant an opportunity to become a qualified Cabinet Maker with a 4 year apprenticeship on offer. In return for the perks of working with us (and there are many), our expectations are high to provide quality, top notch joinery work to our clients.
If you’re interested in joining our successful cabinet making business and the APS team, give us a call today on 0476 319 885 or email [email protected]
|APS Cabinet Makers
TRADESPERSON / CABINET MAKER
On the hunt for a qualified Tradesperson and/or Cabinet Maker to join our work, life, live ethos at APS Cabinet Makers. In return for the perks of working with us (and there are many), our expectations are high to provide quality, top notch Cabinetry work to our clients. If you’re interested in joining our successful cabinet making business and the APS team, give us a call today on 0476 319 885 or email [email protected]
|APS Cabinet Makers
Peppers Retreats, Resorts and Hotels
$70,696 p.a + Super + Global Discounts!
• Advance your career – be part of a leadership team at a 5 star resort
• Join a fun, supportive, and family-orientated team
• DAMA visa sponsorship will be considered for the right candidate
To lead a dedicated team in effortlessly delivering seamless service. Your experience and guidance ensures the restaurant operates like a well-oiled machine, conjuring up unforgettable dining experiences that linger long after the plates are cleared.
This position is ideal for an experienced F&B Supervisor looking to get to management level! At Peppers Beach Club you will step into a supportive environment where you can refine your management skills and advance your career within Accor.
• Overseeing the restaurant's daily operations, actively participating during peak hours as a hands-on leader;
• Recruiting, training, and supervising restaurant staff to ensure all members are engaged and performing at their best.
Skills and Experience
• Prior experience leading teams in a Food & Beverage environment;
• Proven track record in managing budgets, overseeing inventory, and creating staff schedules.
If you are interested in the role then please email your CV to: [email protected]
|Peppers Beach Club
FARM HAND / POND TECHNICIAN
Dive into a fulfilling career with Daintree Saltwater Barramundi. We're on the lookout for a dedicated full-time Farm Hand/Pond Technician to join our team. This role offers not only the chance to contribute to responsible Barramundi farming but also an opportunity for professional development with the completion of a Certificate III in Aquaculture.
As a vital team member, your responsibilities will include maintaining a clean and safe environment, aiding in Barramundi harvesting and packaging, and ensuring optimal pond conditions. Prior experience in aquaculture or a similar field is preferred, however we will consider anyone who is eager to learn. We value attention to detail, commitment to high standards, physical fitness, and effective communication and teamwork.
If you're a recent school leaver or someone passionate about hands-on work and the aquaculture industry, seize this exciting opportunity to kickstart your career in a dynamic and sustainable field. Join us in shaping the future of responsible aquaculture.
To apply please use this link https://www.seek.com.au/job/73730715 to send your resume and a short letter about you and why you would be suitable for this position.
|Daintree Saltwater Barramundi
$40.63 - $43.00 per hour
Coordinate the provision of high-quality and efficient cooking service through production of quality food menu items for a variety of client diets.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with CHHHS values
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and work policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services, and workplaces.
- Coordinate the provision of high-quality and efficient catering service by ensuring that the food production and presentation methods are in accordance with standards, procedures, and work schedules.
- Coordinate the production and distribution services to ensure all meals are delivered in a timely manner and ensure that food portion control is in accordance with dietary requirements.
- Supervision of all catering staff ensuring that all Queensland Health hygiene standards and guidelines are maintained in the facility.
- Provide and record training for all kitchen staff on the correct methods of kitchen cleaning and catering functions, including chemical and equipment usage ensuring direction towards quality service and staff development. Ensure all kitchen staff attends mandatory training as required.
- Ensure that the maintenance of food and kitchen supplies is adequate by ensuring that the requisitioning, quality checking, temperature control, stock rotation, and correct storage methods is utilised and appropriate.
- Actively initiate, participate, and contribute to Quality Improvement within the organisation to ensure the delivery of a high-quality service.
- Comply with and utilise procedures, policies, regulation, and standards which impact upon the position, including contemporary human resource management requirements and practices, such as workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination policies.
- Other duties as required by Line and Facility Manager
Although not mandatory, the following would be highly regarded:
- Possession of trade-based qualifications in cooking at Certificate Level 3 or higher and/or substantial practical experience in the preparation of food within a similar type and size facility.
- Qualifications in Food Safety and/or as a Food Safety Supervisor or substantial practical experience in the management of food preparation within a similar type and size facility.
- Successful completion of relevant Certificate II, III or IV training programs will be recognised for the purpose of receiving an additional increment point or all-purpose allowance under the Queensland Public Health Sector Certified Agreement (No.4) 2000.
Potential applicants are advised that the Aged Care Act 1997 requires Queensland Health employees and volunteers of aged care services to have a current National Police Certificate. Queensland Health will facilitate the applicants obtaining the above check.
The appointee will be required to work a 7-day roster with flexible rostering patterns.
Additional hours than those advertised to cover recreational and sick leave.
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) evidence as required for your employment in accordance with legislation/government policy and Directives.
It is a condition of employment for the employee in this role to be, and remain, vaccinated against or non-susceptible to the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs) during their employment: Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (chicken pox) and Pertussis (whooping cough). Existing staff engaged prior to 1 July 2016 (and have not had a break in service) are not subject to this new condition of employment unless they are moving from one Hospital and Health Service to another Hospital and Health Service within Queensland).
Existing staff that have previously submitted this evidence since 1 July 2016 will not be required to resubmit.
It is a condition of employment for the employee in this role to be vaccinated against or not susceptible to Hepatitis B. Proof of vaccination or non-susceptibility is a condition of employment for all staff (new and existing) who have direct contact with patients or who in the course of their work may be exposed to blood/body fluids or contaminated sharps.
Further information and Evidence Forms can be found at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/work-for-us/dept-of-health/pre-employment/vaccinations/providing-evidence
A Tuberculosis risk assessment form is to be completed prior to commencement.
How you will be assessed?
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge, and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘Your role’, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated high-level cooking skills and a comprehensive understanding of the principles and techniques of cookery including the use of commercial food preparation equipment effectively, safely, and economically in accordance with Workplace Health and Safety legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure that a high standard of hygiene is maintained in accordance with the Food Safety programme, infectious control, and Queensland Health guidelines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision while performing all cooking duties to the Queensland Health standards.
- Ability to provide guidance to other kitchen staff including supervision skills, support, and relevant training.
- Ability to follow directions given regarding dietary requirements and guidelines as set by the dietitians.
Please provide the following information to the panel to assess your suitability:
- Your current CV or resume, including the names and contact details of two referees. Referees should have a thorough knowledge of your capabilities, work performance and conduct within the previous two years, and it is preferable to include your current/immediate/past supervisor.
- A short statement (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities and knowledge would enable you to achieve the key responsibilities and meet the key attributes.
Applications open: Wednesday, 14 February 2024
Applications Close: Tuesday, 26 February 2024
Apply via: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-CAH544709
Enquires: Narelle Spencer - Operational Services Supervisor - (07) 4084 1236
|Mossman Multi Purpose Hospital
RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR, MANAGEMENT
(Hospitality & Tourism)
Full time, $63,000 per year (incl. super)
- scheduling restaurant staff and delegating tasks
- hiring, training, and managing restaurant staff,
- ordering food, alcohol, and cleaning supplies
- supervising the preparation, display, and delivery of food and drinks
- ensuring prompt and friendly customer service
- maintaining quality and service standards
- ensuring all staff are knowledgeable about menu offerings and individual ingredients
- educating staff about potential food allergies and how to make customers aware of these ingredients
- maintaining good relationships with suppliers
- meeting quarterly budgets and quotas
- reducing operational costs
- increasing productivity
- ensuring all staff follow strict personal safety, food safety and food storage guidelines
- supervising and maintaining restaurant cleanliness to meet regulatory sanitation and hygiene standards
- managing inventory
- interacting with restaurant guests to gauge satisfaction and improve customer service
- responding to customer feedback and resolving conflicts effectively
- operating the point-of-sale system, processing payments, and issuing gift cards
- arranging group events and ensuring the restaurant and staff meet service and food expectations
- catering for VIP guests
- authorizing refunds or other equivalent options
- assisting in the development of menu offerings and changes based on costs and customer preferences
- creating innovative promotions and designing marketing materials
- chairing weekly staff meetings to motivate staff and ensure they are all meeting restaurant standards and expectations
- handling staff payroll, vacation requests, and other administrative duties related to restaurant operations
Qualifications must include;
At least, 10 years’ experience in high-quality hospitality venues.
At least a relevant AQF or equivalent certificate IV qualification (cert IV in hospitality or above)
A completed certified Food Safety Supervisor course is also required.
Apply to [email protected]
|The Little Larder
Complete the below form and add a your logo if you have one. Confirm your listing with the payment. Payments are made via the PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account. Simply choose Pay with a card.
PRICE: $120 (+gst) 'per position description'. 14 day listings.
For best results place a single listing per position. Multiple positions are accepted and charged per position, up to 3 positions.